New Paintings (click here to view)

NEW PAINTINGS  (click on images to enlarge)


In this series I combine my interest in both painting and sculpture. These florals are painted with oils on travertine stone tiles from Turkey (by way of the tile flooring store). I mask off the one-inch border around the painted image to show the texture of the stone and mount them in black floating frames that show the edge of the tiles. I started again using my asian-style "chop" in red at the bottom. It's a stylized "ki" which means tree in Chinese/Japanese. Baum means tree in German. So, hoping for an east-west global connection. . . Please enjoy--let me know what you think if so inclined.   


"Peony"   oil on travertine stone   8x8 inches



"Peony II"   oil on travertine stone   8x8 inches



"Water lily"   oil on travertine stone   8x8 inches


"Bougainvillea"   oil on travertine stone   8x8 inches






Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful light hitting the flower.
Anonymous said…
I think you nailed it with this one, Bob! Such beauty and uplifting visual.
Tony

Popular Posts